Monday, July 25, 2011

HONESTY

"Kings take pleasure in honest lips" Proverbs 16:12
Websters dictionary defines honesty as: freedom from deceit or fraud, truthful, sincere, and fair. As Christians, we grow up learning the importance of truth. We realize the Word of God is the truth, our sword for spiritual warfare. Too, the truth sets us free. As a young adult, I am understanding the great value of honesty in others as well as myself in normal everyday affairs. As a believer, the need for me to be honest with myself before the Lord is crucial in growing in areas of my life. Too, the need for honest love and acceptance continues to be something I need each day. There is no other love more honest and pure than the love from Jesus Christ. Honesty is mentioned quite a bit in the Old Testament in reference to the way the Lord desired his people to run their business affairs and relationships. God desires for me to live both honestly in my lifestyle as well as my speech.

"Kings take pleasure in honest lips, they value the one who speaks what is right." Proverbs 16:12. Being honest is key in gaining honor and respect to those in leadership positions. Proverbs 24:26 reads, "An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips". Honesty is also a key in closeness in any relationship. Again, as I am honest before the Lord and others, closeness and intimacy grows. God never asks me to be perfect but He does ask me to be honest. Being honest can sometimes be very humbling. Proverbs 22:3 tell us "Humility is the fear of the Lord, it's wages are riches and honor and life." It is my heart's desire to be known as a honest woman and be trusted. Yes, I am flawed and still maturing. But as I accept God's unconditional honest love for me at deeper levels, it gives me the security to be honest and transparent to others.

1 comment:

  1. I love your post. Thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts with me and everyone else. :)

    ReplyDelete