Friday, October 22, 2010

FAITH


Definition of FAITH: Firm belief in something for which there is no proof.


If you grew up (or are currently growing up) as a Christian, faith is something that you probably heard about very often. Some phrases such as these may sound familiar: “If you just have FAITH you can do anything!” or “Put your FAITH in God and you’ll be secure!”. To be completely honest, I have heard the term “faith” so often, that it hasn’t been until recently that I’ve really understood faith and allowed the meaning to sink into my heart.


Understanding thoroughly about faith has given me a greater amount of peace. Over time, I have found two of my favorite verses regarding faith. The first is 1 Corinthians 2:5 “...your faith may not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.” That scripture is very powerful to me! Even though we may not be certain of what is going on in our life, or how things may turn out in a certain situation, we know that our faith is safe if it is rested on God’s power. It’s easy to have faith in men’s wisdom (just as the previous scripture states.) But, I then begin to ask myself, is that REALLY having faith? Faith is belief of something that there is no proof. Most likely, men’s “wisdom” will seem pretty reliable because they can explain WHY or HOW something will work while they are standing right in front of me, being extremely convincing. With God, we may not always get answers in their entirety or answers that are understandable right away! It takes us falling away from our flesh and understanding to have true faith in God.


Regardless of what people around us might say, you can be secure in Him, because all things work together for the good of those who love Him. He will show Himself faithful to you. Faith enables you to follow Him more easily here on earth. Faith makes it easier to hear and obey His voice, even when it seems tough. The ultimate reward of faith is our salvation and eternal life! It takes FAITH to follow Him and rest in the path on which He is leading you.


I encourage you to trust God, and put your faith in Him and His power. I want to leave you with my other favorite verse on faith: Hebrews 11:1- “Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see.”

2 comments:

  1. Love this devotion. This is really uplifting and I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. faith is sooo import because without it no body would beleave in God and thats why i love the message.

    ReplyDelete